Community
As veterans, families and friends make their way out to Forest Hills Cemetery this Memorial Day, they will notice a big difference in the area where the annual service is held. Once considered an “eyesore,” the five large dead pine trees located near the Rum River have been removed. This came to...Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
Fourteen Milaca High School students had an experience of a lifetime during a trip to Washington, D.C., with teacher Colleen Bell on April 9-12. The journey included stops at museums, monuments, memorials and art galleries that included the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, United States Hol...Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
Mille Lacs County Public Works and the Mille Lacs Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) are working together to control roadside grasses, brush and noxious/invasive weeds.  The primary method of control is mowing, but certain situations may require the use of herbicides. Roadside Mowing Mille...Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
Many locals stopped in to fill their plates at the Borgholm Township Hall for the Amish Benefit Haystack Supper held on May 8. Members of the Milaca South Amish Community extended their hospitality to the public during a meal that featured garden fresh vegetables, hamburger, diced ham, mashed potato...Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
The road to attracting people to Minnesota’s small cities is a busy one. But Milaca civic leaders believe they are ahead of the curve in getting people to turn off Highway 169 and onto the city’s main streets. In this case, it’s a technological curve leaders are banking tourists will turn to. ...Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
Sarah Marte, 41, held a family garage sale one rainy Thursday morning at her home in Milaca. Marte is a special education teacher and diving coach at Milaca Schools. “I had never really heard of Milaca until I saw an ad in the paper for a job. I interviewed and got the job. School wasn’t [...]...Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow
Don't Miss A Thing!

Our news stories are now available through email. Simply enter your email address below and click “Subscribe” to see the new stories every day.