Community
Many locals stopped in to fill their plates at the Borgholm Township Hall for the Amish Benefit Haystack Supper held on May 8. Members of the Milaca South Amish Community extended their hospitality to the public during a meal that featured garden fresh vegetables, hamburger, diced ham, mashed potato...Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
The road to attracting people to Minnesota’s small cities is a busy one. But Milaca civic leaders believe they are ahead of the curve in getting people to turn off Highway 169 and onto the city’s main streets. In this case, it’s a technological curve leaders are banking tourists will turn to. ...Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
Sarah Marte, 41, held a family garage sale one rainy Thursday morning at her home in Milaca. Marte is a special education teacher and diving coach at Milaca Schools. “I had never really heard of Milaca until I saw an ad in the paper for a job. I interviewed and got the job. School wasn’t [...]...Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
The Onamia Depot Library is sponsoring a free Meet the Artist event on Saturday, June 20 featuring photographer Martin Gilchrist. Martin has always enjoyed photography, but has really concentrated on his photography since retiring. Martin has recently captured some wonderful shots of a grosbeak and ...Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
Milaca will go a little bit country when a farmers market returns to the city next Wednesday, May 20. Ten vendors have committed to being at Alfred Olson Park in downtown Milaca when the farmers market opens for business from 2-6 p.m. on May 20, said Pattie Murphy, farmers market coordinator for the...Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
Beginning on Monday May 18, 2015, the Mille Lacs County Sheriff’s Office along with the Milaca Police Department, Mille Lacs Tribal Police Department and the Onamia Police Department will be conducting extra enforcement on roadways in Mille Lacs County as a part of the Click it or Ticket Campaign....Read More
facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow
Don't Miss A Thing!

Our news stories are now available through email. Simply enter your email address below and click “Subscribe” to see the new stories every day.