Community

Amateur radio operator Terry Londroche is in the final stages of installing two FM radio repeaters on the water tower in Foreston. These repeaters will play a key role in notifying the National Weather Service of severe weather in Mille Lacs County. “The Mille Lacs area did not have a repeater that was designated for […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

My name is Brielle Bredsten, and I look forward to my new position as a reporter for the Mille Lacs County Times. Topics I will be covering include the Milaca schools, Faith Christian School and Community Christian School, arts and entertainment, as well as other community news and feature stories. I moved to Princeton in […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Mille Lacs County is budgeting $7,029 less than what the East Central Regional Library (ECRL) has assessed the county for as its portion for supporting the ECRL system. ECRL runs the public libraries in the counties of Mille Lacs, Isanti, Kanabec, Chisago, Pine and Aitkin. Mille Lacs has libraries in Princeton, Milaca, Isle and Onamia. […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

One person is dead and two others injured following an early morning crash Thursday, Oct. 23 on Highway 169 at County Road 12 in Mille Lacs County. The accident was first reported to the Minnesota State Patrol at 7:14 a.m. A 2004 Ford Explorer driven by Nanette Minarich, 49, of Foreston, was southbound on Highway […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Marlyn Wolbert turned 80 on Monday, Oct. 13. But it will be another two weeks before he celebrates 80 years of making his presence known in the Milaca community. Wolbert moved northwest of Milaca just two weeks after being born on Oct. 13, 1934 in South Dakota. A few years later his father and mother […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow