MILLE LACS COUNTY
THE MILLE LACS COUNTY CODE OF ORDINANCES, CHAPTER 3, PUBLIC HEALTH AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ARTICLE 3, SUBSURFACE SEWAGE TREATMENT SYSTEMS, PORTIONS OF DIVISION FIVE
ORDINANCE NO.: LSO 2013-03
New language underlined, language to be deleted struck through.
DIVISION 5 SSTS REQUIREMENTS
Subdivision 1 In General
Any structure used for human occupancy must have an adequate method of sewage treatment Unless otherwise exempted, adequate method shall be defined as including both a sewage tank and drainfield. Provided that me equipment is properly installed and operational, Eexemptions to this requirement include:
(1) Those lots/parcels determined by a private sector MPGA. certified and licensed designer that-will not support an adequate method of sewage treatment will require a minimum holding tank volume of 2,000 gallons. This does not require consideration of a Type IV or V system.
The design must be accompanied by a written narrative provided by the certified and licensed designer detailing why the parcel/lot cannot support an adequate method of sewage treatment. Amended April 2, 2013
(2) Detached accessory structures with plumbing and/or bathroom facilities
A minimum of one (1) 500 gallon holding tank is required
(3) Privies, when allowed tor recreational camping purposes per Sec. 1-164 (9) or in conjunction with (4) a below
A minimum of one (1) 500 gallon holding tank is required under a structure used fox bathroom facilities.
(4) Remote, or low-water usage structure, or grey water systems
a. A minimum of one (1) 1,000 gallon holding tank is required for structures where electricity and running well water is not available on site and is hauled in for use are not available and where water usage is limited to less than 100 gallons per day. Amended April 2, 2013
b. A minimum holding tank volume of 2,000 gallons is required for structures where the site does not have a constant electrical source, running water may or may not be available, and water usage is limited to less than 100 gallons per day.
(5) Legal Nonconforming, Private or Commercial Campgrounds
For legal nonconforming or newly permitted private or commercial campgrounds or RV Parks, (five (5) or more RVs on a site), 300 gallon holding tank meeting manufacturers specifications for design and installation.
Passed and approved this 5th day of November 2013 by the Mille Lacs County Board of Commissioners.
COUNTY OF MILLE LACS
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
By: /s/ Phil Peterson, Chair
By: /s/ Roxy Traxler, Administrator
MOVED BY: Cmsr Oslin
SECONDED: Cmsr Tellinghuisen
Mille Lacs County Land
635 2nd Street SE
Published in the
Mille Lacs County Times
November 14, 2013
Ordinance No. LSO
MILLE LACS COUNTY